IT Strategy Implementation
- Contribute to IT strategic conversations by providing as is environmental insight and feedback, engaging in strategic discussions when required, contributing required information to support strategic decision making and understanding JHC strategic priorities and implementation requirements as required and at least annually.
- Develop and manage the IT budget by developing the annual budget based on the IT priorities, tracking spend against budget and reporting monthly and quarterly.
- Assist with drafting of the IT implementation strategy and implementation plan that is submitted for approval annually by unpacking the IT strategy into projects and interventions, prioritising, plotting on an annual IT calendar and distributing for approval by the deadline.
- Contribute to and report on IT strategy implementation progress by tracking implementation against strategy, gathering reporting data and completing report by scheduled deadline and as required.
- Monitor and evaluate JHC systems for long term sustainability by reviewing the existing systems in line with the JHC strategy, identifying alternative systems in the market and making recommendations as required and within deadline.
IT Operations Management
- Manage ICT operations by setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations and managing delivery against these priorities and within deadlines.
- Manage systems releases by evaluating release risks and priorities, scheduling implementation, testing and go-live, managing that resources are allocated, informed and on-board, implementing change management procedures and managing successful implementation in business as required
- IT Security
- Identify potential IT security risks by evaluating IT systems, identifying risks, defining mitigation strategies and implementing approved strategies which may include technology or policies and procedures on an ongoing basis and at least quarterly
- To develop and maintain the business continuity and disaster recovery plans by developing, contracting suppliers, implementing systems, updating and testing as required and at least annually
- Identify system development requirements of the business by evaluating business areas and identifying need or receiving request from relevant business lead, engaging with users and understanding need, documenting needs and confirming accuracy with business stakeholders as required and within deadline
- Analyse and define systems requirements by utilising documented business analysis, defining appropriate systems solutions, identifying solution risks and challenges and finalising specification based on technical input from systems developers as required and within deadline.
- Recommend use of existing or new products/systems by conducting research into best systems solution, evaluating strengths and weaknesses of solutions and presenting recommendation as required for final decision.
- Manage the systems enhancement and change request process by managing that requests for change are received, tracked, evaluated, approved or declined, defined fully and, when appropriate, briefed to the production team for development on an ongoing basis.
- Develop the IT Programme by collating all IT project plans, defining programme schedule, checking that all required actions are included, updating monthly and submitting to IT Committee as agreed
- Manage and/or develop IT project documentation and plan (business specification, IT specification, project plan and critical success deliverables) by managing or conducting business analysis, identifying ICT dependencies across business streams and third parties, developing or signing off business and IT specifications and implementation plans, defining critical success factors and required deliverables and submitting to approved service providers and IT committee by deadline
- Manage IT projects by tracking delivery against the IT project plan, managing project risks, allocating and managing resources on IT projects, managing project budget, leading project meetings, implementing project change management and managing the project to completion as per the schedule and deadlines
- Manage third party IT project vendor selection and appointment by defining project requirements, sourcing potential suppliers, managing the procurement process, evaluating supplier submissions and participating in the vendor selection as required and within JHC deadlines
- Manage appointed vendors and service providers by defining project plans, defining critical path requirements, managing delivery against defined priorities and addressing non-performance and delivery as required
- Implementing project risk mitigation strategies to address risks by identifying issues and developing risk mitigation plans and solutions as required
- Manage the implementation of projects through working with appointed change agents, implementing and facilitating that change management processes are implemented and addressing any change management issues as and when they arise so the project is fully implemented
- Manage that projects are fully implemented by managing that change management is implemented, system security is integrated and implemented, user testing is conducted, training is implemented and completed and go-live support and query resolution is provided when a new system goes live and as scheduled
- Manage the post implementation review and monitoring project processes by defining process, implementing, collecting feedback, addressing issues and providing feedback as and when required.
- Manage IT communication by developing communication plan for IT as a whole and for releases and projects, drafting communication, distributing communication and building IT awareness and buy-in on an ongoing basis
- Report on project progress by developing and providing reports, verbally and in writing, that address project plans, problems, successes, releases and solutions. Present to appropriate levels of management as required
User Acceptance Testing
- Develop User Acceptance Testing plans and documentation by drafting test cases, evaluating the implementation and potential high impact risk areas, completing test cases, recording successes and issues, prioritising issues and providing feedback to technical team as required and within deadline
- Manage the completion of User Acceptance Testing aligned with documented project specifications by gaining commitment from users to complete testing, providing required training, facilitating testing, recording feedback and issues, prioritising issues, tracking resolution and reporting as required and within deadline
- Manage end-user testing by gaining commitment from end-users to complete testing, providing required training, facilitating testing, recording feedback and issues, prioritising issues, tracking resolution and reporting as required and within deadline
- Manage systems error (bug) processes by documenting and prioritising errors/issues, tracking amendment in line with feedback, testing amendments and signing off for go-live as defined and approved
- Manage the systems change management process by engaging with users, applying approved change management approach, tracking commitment to implementation and resolving issues as and when required
- Manage systems enhancement testing by scheduling testing by service provider and users, coordinating collation and submission of feedback to users and service provider, tracking service provider actions and changes to address issues and manage resolution of systems errors before release or go-live.
- Train staff on new and existing systems by identifying learning needs, delivering training as required, measuring integration of learning and ability to apply and reporting of training within deadline and as required
- Manage JHC’s external IT training needs by scheduling and coordinating external training, sourcing and appointing external training providers and evaluating success of training when conducted and within deadline
- Evaluate hardware and software errors and queries caused by lack of user skill, identify trends, evaluate what is required to close the skills gap, implement training or mentoring and measure success of intervention as required.
- Manage that training manuals, user guides and support notes are developed to assist in building operating systems competence and knowledge by identifying need, allocating resources to develop required documents, evaluating and approving documents and managing that final documents are used and filed as per JHC standards and updated as required and at least annually
Service Provider Management
- Manage third party IT vendor selection and appointment by defining project requirements, sourcing potential suppliers, managing the procurement process, evaluating supplier submissions and participating in the vendor selection as required and within JHC deadlines.
- Manage appointed vendors and service providers by defining delivery deadlines, defining critical path requirements, managing delivery against defined priorities and addressing non-performance and delivery as required.
- Monitor and manage performance of IT service providers by defining service delivery standards and tracking performance in line with these standards, identifying areas of non-performance and addressing these monthly and as required.
|IT Administration and Management
- Manage the procurement of IT hardware and software by identifying user requirements, monitoring hardware and software improvements, tracking budget availability, reviewing specifications and authorising purchasing of the hardware and software as required.
- Manage the distribution of hardware and software by tracking allocation to users, evaluating allocation against user requirements and addressing issues related to allocation of hardware and software to support business efficiency as required.
- Manage the systems utilisation by tracking the levels of utilisation, identifying systems that are under or over utilised, developing corrective actions and implementing these as required.
- Build and manage the systems super-user skill base within JHC to support systems queries and implementation challenges linked to their system by identifying super-users, building skills and competence, engaging with super users on recurring issues and training needs, utilising super users as testers of systems enhancements and new systems and building IT systems support team on an ongoing basis.
- Mobile Technology Management:
- Define the JHC mobile technology annual plan by evaluating JHC mobile technology needs, identifying suitable technology solutions, identifying suitable data packages, developing recommendations, developing budget and submitting for review and approval by deadline annually.
- Manage the appointed mobile Technology Service Provider contract and relationship by defining requirements, managing procurement and tracking delivery against the required delivery deadlines.
- Manage efficient data usage on mobile devices within JHC by defining data controls, policy and procedure as required and at least annually.
- Manage that data usage is monitored and tracked by developing and implementing tracking tools, defining limits, escalating non-compliance as per JHC policy, filing mobile device usage reports and reporting on offenders and repeat offenders monthly.
- Manage the application for and allocation of new mobile devices and repairs to issued mobile devices by applying JHC policy and procedure as required.
- Maintain expert level of knowledge on legal and compliance IT requirements for the organisation by engaging with the Compliance Department, participating in relevant industry forums and applying insights and knowledge as necessary and relevant.
- Mitigate IT compliance risks by identifying risks, developing plans to manage risk, implementing required actions and measuring and monitoring risk on an ongoing basis
- Develop, update and implement IT policies and procedures by reviewing policy annually, identifying required enhancements and amendments, implementing and submitting for signoff annually
|Data Integrity and Reporting
- Manage JHC data by developing data standards, conducting data quality audits, identifying data issues and developing strategies to enhance data integrity and report on data quality to management as scheduled and at least quarterly
- Implement approved data integrity improvement strategies (e.g. data validation and system requirements) by defining plan, conducting required activities, tracking progress and impact of activities and reporting as required
- Manage and take responsibility for reporting systems by managing that quality reports are developed and made accessible, tracking utilisation of reports, adding new reports in a logical and accessible manner and removing redundant reports when approved and as required
- Develop new reports by engaging with stakeholder that requires report, develop report specification, develop report utilising standard and approved tools, test, manage that user testing is completed and loading into central report repository for utilisation by deadline
- Develop reporting standards by engaging with reports stakeholders, applying good practice, documenting standards, reviewing and maintaining at least annually
- Identify and maintain JHC master reference data by selecting master reference data, checking for accuracy and completeness, enhancing and amending as relevant and required and managing the integrity and accuracy of reporting compiled utilising master reference data at all times
- Update register of approved reports stipulating report owners by loading new reports and their approved users, removing old reports and their users and conducting a quality and completeness audit as required and at least quarterly
- Manage the performance of staff by agreeing performance standards and expectations, building staff relationships by meeting with staff regularly and assessing staff performance monthly and twice a year.
- Manage and implement corrective action with staff by identifying areas of misconduct, managing and conducting investigations, preparing and giving evidence and deciding on corrective action as required.
- Develop staff by identifying skills development and growth requirements and opportunities, communicating this as necessary and releasing staff to participate in learning programmes monthly.
- Support appointment of new staff by scoping the positions, reviewing and interviewing prospective candidates, assessing candidate suitability for positions and recommending appointments as required
- Manage the induction of new staff by developing and implementing an induction programme, monitoring the effectiveness of the programme and addressing areas for improvement as required