|Key Performance Areas
- To contribute to the organisational strategy development by understanding the key strategic priorities and providing inputs annually
- To develop the IT strategy by understanding the business strategy, identifying the IT , system and data components required to support implementation and achievement of the business strategy and drafting the IT strategy using established method for approval annually and as required
- To identify business opportunities afforded by technology by monitoring emerging technologies, keeping abreast of current technology development, identifying developments that are relevant in the business environment, assessing applicability and advising on implementation as required.
- To develop the operations plan by understanding the strategy, developing the plan including all projects and key performance measures and submit plans for approval annually and as required
- To manage performance by tracking delivery against the agreed deliverables and performance indicators, identifying areas of concern and implementing corrective action monthly and as required.
|IT Security and Risk Management
- To manage IT risks by identifying potential risks in line with the risk framework, assessing impact and implementing mitigating measures and tracking improvement as required
- To manage information, data and privacy risks by understanding compliance requirements and the risk framework, identifying potential risks, assessing impact and compliance requirements and implementing mitigating measures and tracking improvement as required
- To manage IT and data security incidents by monitoring incidents, identifying areas of concern, resolving the incidences and implementing corrective and preventative action as required.
|IT Project Management
- To identify IT projects for implementation by engaging with business, collaborating with key business areas to define priorities and developing IT priorities that support business as required.
- To manage scoping of IT projects by identifying and contributing to definition of requirements and understanding the IT implications and estimating resourcing, effort, duration, cost as required.
- To secure approval for IT projects by developing and presenting the business cases and plans, engaging with the business and adjustment proposal in line with business feedback as required.
- To develop detailed project plans by identifying activities, deliverables, timeframes, resourcing requirements and dependencies, developing budget requirements and securing approval as required.
- To manage the portfolio of IT projects by monitoring progress and quality against the deliverables and timeframes, monitoring and managing the budget and expenditure, identifying risks and anomalies, addressing and implementing corrective action and reporting on projects monthly and as required.
|Data Infrastructure Management
- To support data exploitation by understanding and anticipating business data requirements and guiding and informing the design of the information architecture to support business information requirements as necessary.
- To manage data content and access by identifying and implementing validation, security and privacy considerations and access mechanism and tools, monitoring technical data quality and providing feedback into the business as required.
- To manage business intelligence by implementing the required infrastructure, models, tools and practices to exploit data for business insights and support business in use of data monthly and as required.
- To manage meta data by creating models, implementing and leveraging meta data for data management as required.
- To implement effective IT methods by selecting, adapting, promoting and optimising methods for strategy, architecture, project management, system delivery, operations and data management as required.
|Policies and Governance
- To develop IT policies and governance frameworks by understanding good practices, regulatory and compliance requirements and methods, developing policies and submitting for approval as required
- To manage compliance with IT policies and governance frameworks by monitoring adherence to requirements, identifying areas of concern and implementing corrective action as required
- To monitor IT regulatory and compliance requirements by reviewing statutory amendments and updating policies and procedures as required
- To contribute to board meetings by preparing and presenting reports, responding to queries and addressing areas of interest or concern quarterly and as required.
- To develop budgets by understanding operational requirements, drafting budget and submitting for approval annually and as required
- To manage expenditure by tracking spend against budget, reviewing and approving costs, identifying areas of under or over spend and implmenting corrective action monthly and as required.
- To manage stakeholder relationships by liaising with key internal and external stakeholders, providing input and feedback on IT actions, receiving feedback and contributions and collaborating as required
- To manage service providers by defining service levels required and monitoring and managing delivery against standards, identifying areas of concern and implmenting corrective action monthly and as required.
- To define the staff requirements by reviewing the workload, defining work allocations and developing job profiles as required
- To resource the team by retaining, recruiting, selecting and appointing staff as required
- To induct staff members by managing the development of an induction programme, monitoring performance and supporting the development of new staff members as required
- To manage the performance of staff by agreeing performance expectations, building relationships with staff, motivating staff, providing staff with feedback, supporting staff development, addressing areas of non-performance and implementing corrective action monthly and as required
- To develop staff members by consulting with staff to identify learning areas and paths, supporting the development of the staff member, coaching and mentoring and tracking impact of learning monthly and as required
- To manage the implementation of HR policies and procedures by tracking compliance, identifying areas of concern and implementing corrective action as required.